DETEKT – The Winner of European Product Design Award 2019
“Your greatest designs deserve the highest recognition”
The European Product Design Award (EPDA) recognizes the efforts of talented international product designers who aim to improve our daily lives with their practical, well-thought-out creations. EPDA shares their innovative and ground-breaking products with the world. The European Product Design Award 2019 winners have been announced!
Detekt is proud to announce that we have won a European Product Design award in the Media and Home Electronics/Consumer Electronics and Cameras Category. We are proud to have won this prestigious award for the great work we produced for our client SLYK, in the UK https://www.slyk.co.uk/products/. The European Product Design Award (EPDA) was created by Farmani Group who was assembled to bring attention to international product design and to reward the strategic thinking and imagination that goes into making a great product https://www.productdesignaward.eu/
The evaluation process of EPDA for entries is measured against several key judging criteria which are being constantly updated to meet the ever-changing technical, social, economic, and ecological requirements. Judges are chosen to adjudicate over each category based on their specific background and expertise and all projects are anonymised and randomly assigned so that the judging is unbiased and fair.
The judging criteria at EPDA include the following:
- Innovation — does the product provide something new to the market or supplement/improve an existing product?
- Aesthetics — form, shape, colour, texture, finishing, the materials used, etc.
- Functionality — ease of use, safety, maintenance, etc.
- Ergonomics — the product’s interaction with the user
- Durability — the quality and longevity of the design
- Impact — the benefit delivered to the user and/or society by the product
- Utility — does the product meet the intended purpose and needs of the user?
- Ecological compatibility — potential environmental and/or ecological impact
- The reality of production — how realistic is it, technically and economically, to develop and market this product large-scale?
- Emotional quotient — in addition to fulfilling its practical purpose, does the product create a sense of enjoyment, satisfaction?
The European Product Design Awards are incredibly competitive and we are proud to have won such a highly coveted international award for Detekt. The award was given for the work we produced for SLYK Product https://blog.detektdesign.com/uniquely-me-uniquely-product/.
SLYK is a family-owned and run, London-based, UK business. SLYK designs and manufactures elegant, attractive and robust products that support the charging of Apple iPhones and support Apple and other devices in hands-free use, all around your home. We worked with SLYK to design a solution for charging multiple devices using only a single plug socket.
To win a Product Design Award is truly a dream for any designer. To create a product that meets the judge’s design criteria takes skill, experience and innovative thinking. So simply meeting the criteria is a real challenge in and of itself, but to also then beat the competition is something that team of designers at Detekt are so unbelievably proud to have achieved. SLYK is a great client to work with and we are proud to have won this design award based on the great work we produced together https://www.facebook.com/SLYKLTD/.
If you have a product you are looking to develop and would like support from an award-winning product designer and developer then get in touch with us at Detekt https://www.detektdesign.com